UPSC Forest Services Exam 2023
UPSC Forest Services Exam 2023 has released a notification for 150 Indian Forest Services in the vacancy. Interested applicants will apply for the online form and submit it between 1 Feb 2023 to 21 Feb 2023.
More info about the UPSC Forest Services Exam 2023, including the number of vacancies, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, job location, and important dates, is given below:
|UPSC Forest Services Exam 2023
|Union Public Service Commission
|Recruitment Exam Name
|UPSC Forest Services Recruitment Exam 2023
|Indian Forest Services
|Rs. 56,100/- To Rs. 1,77,50/-
|Last date to apply
|21 Feb 2023
Vacancy details for UPSC Forest Services Exam 2023
UPSC notified 150 Job posts.
Qualification Criteria for UPSC Forest Services Exam 2023
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in at least one of the subjects, namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Zoology, or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry, or in Engineering.
- Candidates who have appeared at a qualifying examination, the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s Examination but have not been informed of the result as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination will be eligible for admission to the Forest Services (Preliminary) Examination.
Age Limit for UPSC Forest Services Exam 2023
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and not have reached the age of 32 years on 1st August 2023, i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1991 and not later than 1st August 2002.
- The upper age limit for the Indian Forest Service (IFoS) Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is relaxed for specific categories of candidates. The age relaxation is as follows:
- Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes: 5 years
- Other Backward Classes: 3 years
- Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area: 3 years
- Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen, including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years
- Military Service as of 1st August 2023 and have been released.
- It is important to note that the upper age limit is different for different categories and is subject to change based on the rules and regulations laid down by the UPSC from time to time.
Selection Process for UPSC Forest Services Exam 2023
- Preliminary Exam (CSAT) – This is the first stage of the CSE and acts as a screening test. It consists of two objective-type papers on General Studies and Aptitude.
- Main Exam – Candidates who clear the Preliminary Exam are eligible to take the Main Exam, which consists of 9 papers, including two papers on General English and seven papers on optional subjects (which include forestry and related subjects).
- Personality Test (Interview) – Candidates who clear the Main Exam are eligible for the Personality Test, the final stage of the selection process. The Personality Test is an interview that assesses the candidate’s leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, and other personal attributes.
- The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in the Main Exam and the Personality Test.
Application Fee For UPSC Forest Services Exam 2023
|Female / SC / ST / Persons with Benchmark Disability
Note: Application Fees is not refundable in any case.
How to Apply
- Candidates need to visit the official website.
- Then, complete the registration process.
- Fill out the application form and upload all the necessary documents.
- Pay the application fees.
- Take a printout of the application fees.
|Connect with us